If you missed the Open Enrollment deadline and didn’t enroll in 2019 Marketplace health insurance, you may still be able to get coverage for 2019 two ways:
Enroll in or change 2019 plans with a Special Enrollment Period
- If you experience certain life changes, like losing health coverage, getting married, or having a baby, you may be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period. This means you may be able to sign up for health insurance at other times during the year.
- See the full list of life events that may qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Not sure whether your life event qualifies? Answer a few questions to find out.
Apply for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) any time of year
- Medicaid and CHIP provide free or low-cost health coverage to millions of Americans, including some people with limited income, families and children, pregnant women, the elderly, and people with disabilities.
- If you qualify, your coverage can start right away, any time of year.
- Learn how to apply for Medicaid and CHIP.